Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Surgery + 8 Days: Wisdom Inside Dark Chocolate

I found today's inspiration inside the Dove Dark Chocolate my friend Gerri gave me. Here's the wrapper:


What a great reason to eat chocolate!! Anyway, I would say today was a very good day.

Therapy was quite challenging and we made it on time in spite of six more inches of snow we were blessed with overnight. I swear that it has snowed 90% of the days I've had 7 a.m. therapy and with salt supplies running out in Michigan the roads have not cooperated. Today wasn't too bad, though.

I did the electrode stimulation for my quad for 15 minutes, "NuStep" modified sitting stairmaster for 10 minutes, range of motion exercises, calf stretch, standing work with exercise tubing, ankle pumps, and the newly introduced modified squat - a whopping 55 pounds with both legs and 30 with the knee alone - but not bad for 8 days post surgery. My therapist says I'm on track but he would like my leg to be straighter - this is painful! If you look at your leg, straight is actually a bit inverted and I'm not there yet. I do have 90 degrees range of motion - something I thought would be impossible last week.

I had a really good day of work today, too. Chloe was decidedly hands off. She must have tired herself out yesterday. I'm making my first non-therapy venture out of the house tonight for a board meeting for the soccer association. Tomorrow it's my big debut at work. Probably good so I don't get too used to working at home. It will be so exciting to wear something that isn't pajamas or sweat pants!!!

No comments: