Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Surgery + 2 Weeks: Here Comes the Sun!

While I haven't really gotten to enjoy the full beauty of Florida sunshine after four months of Michigan winter, just seeing light out my hotel room window is great. So far so good on my trip to the conference. I had one slip - or maybe I'll call it a slide - which hurt my knee. I didn't actually fall down. I don't think there was permanent damage. A highlight, though, was a trip on a roller coaster at Universal Studios - so good to be moving fast after two months of snail pace. Otherwise, I've been moving around pretty well, attending good sessions, and able to get in my PT exercises at the beginning and end of the day. I'm planning to take a mini-break this afternoon to see what this warm weather is all about. So far, it's been non-stop since I arrived Sunday and went straight into a session. I'll be ready to get back home and back in the rehab routine, but I'm so glad I made the trip!

No comments: