Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Surgery + 7 Days - The Stand of the Wounded Knee

That title is at the suggestion of new mom Laura - probably my only loyal blog reader :-)

I don't know how much it has to do with the post. My knee did take a stand overnight and thwarted my first attempt to return to work. I was tossing and turning until about 3 am when I gave in to take a ramped up pain pill hence throwing off my plans to hitch a ride to work today and actually be at the office. I'm hopeful that my next attempt - Thursday - will be more successful.

The other bummer news is that Jeff pulled a muscle playing basketball yesterday. We make for a sorry couple right now but he's handling it all with a stiff upper lip. No soccer for him tonight, though!

I did manage to get quite a bit done from home today which was reassuring. I had a constant office helper - Chloe the cat. She loves the heat of the laptop and likes to lie as close as possible to it. She loves the tapping of typing and wants to type herself, so she walks over the keyboard. When I listened to a conference call on the cell phone, she tried to eat the phone as the source of the sound. Wow! She would not be the best permanent office mate.


Therapy is at 7 am tomorrow - YAWN!

No comments: