Friday, March 14, 2008

Surgery + 17 Days: Back to the Grind

It's funny how the warmth and sun of Florida makes everything feel better! I was so glad I made the trip. However, I returned to therapy Thursday after five days off and could definitely tell I'd taken a break.

The main focus (nothing new) is straightening and range of motion. I continue to have difficulty getting my leg to the right degree of straight, maybe five degrees away. The things I'm doing now to get it fixed, electrode machine and laying on my stomach with my legs hanging off the table and a weight attached to my ankle are painful. However, I hear that there is a "torture chair" that will have to be used if I don't make my knee comply. This is incentive enough beyond the simple need to do what the doctors say must be done. The rest of things are progressing well. My quad has made progress. I can now lift 55 to 60 pounds on the leg weight machine on my bad leg. This is a good thing.

I'm left home alone this weekend to work on my leg and get caught up with work and keeping the household under control. I'm sure I'll be ready for Jeff to get back upon his return from St. Patty's in Chicago. In the meantime, hopefully I can make some knee progress.

No comments: