Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 Weeks + 2 Days: I'm Getting Sick of This!

I have not progressed as well as I would like to. I have said goodbye to my crutches but still am encumbered by the 3 pound brace...this is not on the spring fashion must-have list.

More importantly, I'm still lacking the critical ability to use my quad to straighten my knee. This leaves my PT sessions seeming less like a workout and more like torture with 10 minutes spent in the "torture chair" (this moniker was given by the therapists, not by me) and another 10 minutes spent with the knee hanging off a table while I'm on my stomach weighted by an ankle weight and giant hot pad. And an additional 10 minutes with the trainer straightening my leg for me. This is exhausting after the other 90 minutes of knee-focused work.

My apologies to those that have been brought down by my tears during their PT sessions as it's hard to hide the pain after a while. I'm recording this now so that one day I can look back and realize how far I've come as I'm sure there will be light at the end of the tunnel soon...there's got to be!

2 weeks until the Bahamas...hopefully I'll be seaworthy by then!

No comments: