Friday, February 29, 2008

24-48 Hours


The day after surgery was a little rough. In the afternoon, I got uncomfortable and didn't feel relaxed again for four or five hours. I think my leg started to feel uncomfortable in its elevated state. It wasn't really my knee that was complaining but more the quad and calf.

Eventually, the painkillers took over and I was able to calm down. I have been taking the painkiller every four hours and so far, when I've tried to reduce or taper the amount of time my body has protested. At the doctor today, they said to keep taking them regularly for at least another day.

I got a lot of sleep on Thursday (two days after surgery). I got two good three hour naps in as well as full nights of sleep before and after.

PT exercises are a necessary evil and I did them twice on Thursday. The ankle pumps and calf stretches were easy but the quad stretch seemed endless but I made it through 45 repititions with 10 seconds tightened quad.

No comments: